Cilantro Lime Cauliflower “Rice”
Cauliflower everything is all the rage these days, and I have to say that I’m loving all the things that you can do with this kind-of-boring vegetable besides dip it in unhealthy Ranch dressing!
In this recipe, we use the cauliflower to make a tasty low-carb rice dish that’s PCOS-friendly! Pair it with your fave protein and veg for a complete meal.
1 medium head (about 24 oz) cauliflower, rinsed (or pre-cut cauliflower florets)
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
2 scallions, diced
kosher salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Remove the core and let the cauliflower dry completely.
- Coarsely chop into florets, then place half of the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy.
- Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil, scallions and garlic and sauté about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.
- Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the cauliflower “rice” to the saute pan. Cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and place in a medium bowl; toss with fresh cilantro and lime juice to taste.
Serves 5 (1-cup serves).
Recipe courtesy of Skinny Taste
Want more recipes that will help mitigate your PCOS symptoms? Grab your free copy of my One Day PCOS-Friendly Meal Plan now!