Almond Breaded Chicken Cutlets
October 26, 2017
These chicken cutlets are fast to prepare and they make great leftovers that you can eat hot or cold. To complete your PCOS-friendly meal, pair the chicken cutlets with cilantro rice, spinach salad, and ice cream for dessert! For lunch-time leftovers, make a chicken sandwich using this gluten-free bread.
- 1 package thin-sliced chicken cutlets (about 5)
- Extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil for frying
- 1 cup Italian bread crumb mix (almond flour mix). Mix all ingredients below in a small bowl with a mini-whisk or fork thoroughly. Use immediately or store in an airtight container.
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Spread the cup of seasoned almond flour in a large shallow dish. Dip each cutlet in the almond flour to coat both sides and set aside on a plate.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of the butter (or oil) in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the cutlets in batches for a few minutes on each side until the almond flour is browned and chicken is cooked through. Add more butter/oil to the pan as needed.